Thursday, April 23, 2009

Megan Turns One

Time really flies. It just did not feel like a year. The graveyard night shifts, waking up to change diapers and feeding. All but a fading memory. She is now a lot larger, stronger though not too heavy or particularly tall. Come to think of it, the wash bin I bath her in do seems a lot smaller, and there's less space for her to roll about in the cradle.

Looking back, it is quite a leap. Most of her improvements are within the last two to three months. Notably her speech, and motor skills. She can walk for longer periods unaided, and is a lot more dexterous with her hands... I can see where all these is leading (from past experience) 'Terrible 2'.

Ah, a sole lit candle to commemorate the hard work faced by Megan over the past year. Valin note: Megan aged a year, and the people around her aged by five!

We got her Haagen Dazs "Little Princess".

And I think she sort of likes it...

3 comments:

3Fireflies said...

Megan is so pretty!

Steven Lok said...

Thanks, Joanne... :)

Bliss said...

I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I've aged 5 years too- my shoulders are always sore and I'm always on zombie mode.

Time really flies - I was just talking to my sis about organising Chris' 1st bday party. Can't believe 1 year just flew by.